Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mug Pu-erh

I guess I'll start with a little about myself. I'm a lover of teas; mostly green and white. I'm a father. I play Go whenever time permits. I'm a very laid back individual, and I've recently fallen in love with Pu-erh. This is my place to learn and grow with something that is such a simple pleasure and hopefully make a few friends in the process.

I'll start by saying that at the moment, I know very little about the world of Pu-erh. I know it mostly comes from the Yunnan province in China, and that there are raw/shu and ripe/shang pu-erh cakes, or bings. I know that a bunch of bings wrapped up in a bamboo case are called a tong. Tongs usually consist of 7-10 bings. I'm stretching here, because I really don't know much yet. But here's what I do know.

Making tea of any kind, especially pu-erh is a very relaxing process and I'll without a doubt be doing it for years to come. That said, I need a place to keep track of my thoughts. A place to put everything down and share it with the rest of the world. That is my goal.

Generally I've enjoyed all of my teas in vintage coffeemugs. Big stocky mugs with a single handle that welcome you to walk about while you're sipping. That's how I drink it for now. I'm on the fence about ordering and authentic tea set. I like the coffee mugs, but despise the flavour of coffee. Go figure.

5 comments:

Brett said...

Hi Mug Puerh!
We have a lot in common (we're both laid back, tea loving, puerh learning, puerh collecting, coffee despising, dads!)

nice tea blog!
kudos!
Brett

Jamus said...

Brett,

It's good to see a comment from you. I've been reading your blog for a little while now. I love how all of your pots have super-powers. As soon as I saw that, I said to myself that you simply had to be a pretty laid back fellow. It's always nice to meet people who share similar interests, especially in the quantity that we do. hopefully I'll see you around a bit and will make sure to say hello on a more regular basis. ^__^

jamus~

Brett said...

Hey Jamus! Glad to hear you're into my lil' tea blog!

Let me know if you ever make it out to Seattle... I'd love to give you a local tea tour!

Peace,
B.

Jamus said...

Brett,

If I do get out to that side of the country I will definitely be interested in looking you up. I'd also be down for a tea-swap sometime. If you shoot me an email with your address, I can send you my address as well.

jamus~

Naturalpuerh said...

Cooked pu erh tea- Natural Puerh
http://www.naturalpuerh.com/product-category/cooked-puerh-tea/

Buy 100 tested and trusted Cooked pu erh tea at Natural Puerh. Our pu-erh tea selection include aged pu-erh, raw-puerh, cooked pu-erh at a very cool prices. Shop today | Pay on Delivery | Easy & Fast Delivery.