Saturday, May 24, 2008
A Cautionary Tale
* No tea ware ever gets washed with anything other than hot water. No Grandma, not even the ceramics.
* Tea ware does not get left out overnight, no matter what the circumstances.
* If tea ware has a chic and stylish (or functional and not very stylish) carrying case, for the love of all things holy, put it away whenever it's not in use.
* Friends and family members are kept abreast on proper care for teaware...in other words, DO NOT TOUCH!
* Nothing but pu-erh is to be brewed in yixing pots. Can't let any of my boss' sissy mango-peach teabags tarnish the flavour of a well-aged yixing pot.
* All persons drinking tea in my company have heard the F*ck Yeah Cranes! story at least a half-dozen times.
Okay, I'm stretching now...anyhow, what are your care tips for tea ware? I'm all ears.