Thursday, January 22, 2009

Overanalyzing Humidity



So, I found myself fretting over the humidity factor, just like everyone else. I was curious where my cabinet sat, and whether or not my pu was in any kind of danger. I'll tell you, sometimes, I think it's more hassle than it's worth. I have been running a bit of an experiment to see where my stash falls. If I put a bowl of water in the cabinet, it will hover anywhere between 39%-47%. If I take the bowl out, it immediately drops to 30%. I live in an old house. The windows don't seal as well as I'd like them too and the heater is always sucking the moisture out of the air. I think I'm going to run it how it is for a few more days and then pull the bowl out for good. I enjoyed my pu-erh so much more when I didn't think about it like a child to be looked after. Soon spring time will come and that seems to be when my pu-erh makes it's most remarkable changes. Best of all, it does so without any intervention from me. Besides, I'm not out for a quick profit. If I stopped buying tea today, I would have enough to last me for at least ten years. Those two things in consideration, what's the hurry? My cabinet is definitely not dry enough to kill it and at least I won't have to worry about mould.

No comments: